“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.”
Mission Possible Austin is a Christian nonprofit organization 501(c)3. Our vision is to see Lives Changed, Communities Impacted, and Generations Transformed. Our mission is to break the cycle of poverty one life at a time. Our core values are to do justice, love mercy, and walk in humility (Micah 6:8). Read more about Mission Possible Austin here: https://mpaustin.org/about-2/
As a Christian organization, we work with various denominations and seek to serve those who do not know Jesus. All potential staff must read and agree to our statement of doctrine, and our statement of unity. Any further questions can be listed on your application or addressed in the interview process. We are excited to see if the Lord is calling you to this ministry and our team!
Position: Volunteer & Communications Coordinator (VCC)
Type: Part-time. 12-15 hours a week.
Salary: Based on experience. Range $12-$15 an hour
Benefits: Flexible work-schedule & vacation time. No medical or dental.
Position Purpose: The Volunteer & Communications Coordinator (VCC) position exists to engage, equip, and connect all potential and new volunteers to Mission Possible Austin. The VCC will successfully communicate to potential volunteers, donors, MPA staff, and other the organization’s vision, mission, values, and culture. The VCC will help screen, educate, and coordinate all volunteer activity with the program directors. The VCC will assist program directors with volunteer information, collect success stories, and understand ongoing needs. The VCC will work as a crucial part of the team to communicate the vision and stories through social media, email marketing, and marketing support.
Responsibilities: The Volunteer & Communications Coordinator (VCC) position reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with ministry directors to achieve the following:
- Volunteer Management
- Manage and respond to MPA general volunteer requests (including managing mpa general email).
- Contact interested volunteers and schedule phone interviews
- Completes MP 101 Training with new volunteers
- Collect sensitive data and manage background checks
- Connect qualified potential volunteers with ministry directors
- Send volunteer data to Database Manager
- Lead and coordinate volunteer work groups
- Help recruit new volunteers & attend recruiting events
- Oversees & coordinate 2 written newsletters a year
- Content Development: Gather, write, and edit stories and relative content for publication use.
- Manage Social Media: Assist in content development and monitoring MPA social media (Facebook, I.G., Twitter, & YouTube)
- Assist and coordinate with email marketing
- Coordinate media production with our videographer
- Assist & coordinate activity for MPA Website- wordpress
- Other: All MPA staff are required to participate at Summer Nikos Camp, Great Thanksgiving Banquet, and potentially a few other events at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Qualifications & Core Competencies: This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with marketing, journalism, and/or ministry experience to grow and further develop programs targeting generational transformation. We are looking for a unique and passionate self-starter who loves Jesus, has a great communications skill set, and has a heart to serve. Here is some specific experience & qualifications we are looking for:
- Loves Jesus Christ, is connected to a local church, and has a heart to make disciples who make disciples.
- Agrees to and lives by Mission: Possible! Austin “doctrine” and “Statement of Doctrine”
- Adheres to Mission Possible Austin “Statement of Unity” and “Personnel Policies”
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) with Business Administration, marketing, journalism or Biblical Studies. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience with wordpress (preferred), graphic design, and/or digital marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Self-Starter & Flexibile.
- Team Orientation:
- In all roles, sees him/herself as part of a larger organization.
- Identifies the goals of the organization and takes an active role in supporting the success of the entire scope of ministries.
- Builds effective working relationships with coworkers across jobs, units or levels. Effective at assembling and leading teams. Basic computer skills required, Mac experience a plus.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Mission Possible Austin’s mission.
- Displays commitment to his/ her own spiritual and professional growth.
- Leadership skills:
- Challenges the organization with higher standards for performance and a goal of continuous improvement.
- Assumes a leadership role. Able to move ideas into an operational state.
- Cares for Community Needs:
- Understands and proactively cares for the specific needs in the people we are engaging.
- Sees all people as created in the image of God and strives to help them understand their God-given identity.
- Understands that the needs are great in the lives of the people we engage and seeks to bring others along with them in order to help meet those needs effectively.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application below, and email your resume to Dick Geoffroy at firstname.lastname@example.org