“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”
– Philippians 4:6-7
How are you doing? You have been on our hearts and minds as we have lifted our voices in prayer over this COVID-19 pandemic (Read our original statement here: https://mpaustin.org/mpa-covid-19-statement/). In times like these, we know the orphan, widow, disabled, homeless, and the poor are left more vulnerable than ever. There has been a lot of criticism of how churches are or are not responding to these trying times; but take heart, the people of God are mobilizing! They can close the church buildings, but no virus will close THE CHURCH. We have been so blessed to see pastors, ministers, and the body of Christ respond with innovative ways to worship, communicate, and help others.
We are no different! We have taken some time to pray, collaborate, and listen to people in our community. Our staff met on zoom video for a virtual staff meeting, and we were all encouraged to hear how God is still moving in the midst of this virus. We encourage you to get real information from valid sources such as the World Health Organization (W.H.O.), and please listen to our government officials with respect and humility. Mission Possible Austin is considered an “Essential Organization” in this time as we provide food and services to those in need.
MPA Staff met on Zoom Video
Here are some ways we are responding to the crisis:
- Calling families and clients in our community on a regular basis
- Providing food (with extra precaution) through B.A.G.S. Grocery Delivery
- Collaborating with local churches to provide services to those in need
- Providing emergency services for women in need at Lifeline Pregnancy Resource Center
- MPA Staff checking in under the I-35 bridge with the street and homeless population once a week. Church Under the Bridge Service will remain cancelled at this time, but we will be proactively be reaching out.
- Setting up an Emergency Fund to help those in crisis
We will be sending out more detailed information on services in days to come for ways you can get involved. Mission Possible Austin is operating on a limited basis to honor the city and government officials
Please continue to be in prayer for our world working through the COVID-19 pandemic. Even though this virus is not of God, He can use it for His purposes and glory. Pray people come to know Him, and that the vulnerable will be taken care of! Thank you for your continued support and prayer.
Tim Pinson, Sr.
Founder & Executive Director
Mission Possible Austin